Surrounding Suburbs
Lawson

Lawson is a historic town and is located on the Great Western Highway between Hazelbrook and Bullaburra. It has approximately 600 home sites and is one of the first settlements on the eastern slopes of the Blue Mountains. Lawson was identified on early maps as 24 Mile Hollow - a name which was changed to Christmas Swamp for a few years. When the Blue Mountain Inn was opened in 1848, the locals adopted the name Blue Mountain for the village. This name was also given to the original railway station after the rail line was pushed through in 1867. The presence of a Blue Mountain on the Blue Mountains, however, became so confusing to visitors that the authorities stepped in and renamed the village Lawson in honour of William Lawson who, along with William Wentworth and Gregory Blaxland, were the first Europeans to cross the Blue Mountains in 1813. There are bush walks to enjoy with access along Honour Avenue. They are within easy walk of the train station. They include waterfalls such as Adelina Falls, Cataract Falls, Federal Fall and Junction Falls. Alan and Marlene Thompson spent 18 years servicing the community from Lawson and have a good knowledge of the town and its residents.

Information sourced from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawson,_New_South_Wales



 
Developed by Console Group  ::  Sitemap  ::  Bookmarked Properties  ::  Premium Tracker